Sunday, September 20, 2009

John Lloyd & Luis In My Life’ kissing scene

The “In My Life” star also takes note of a separation between his personal self and his character in the movie Noel.
“It was part of myself because I am the temple of my character. I felt two kinds of emotions. When I was Noel, yes, I really really felt it (the kiss). The scene, my character’s moment, was very much alive in my heart,” John Lloyd said in an interview .

This was something he never felt for a girl before, said John Lloyd, simply because every kiss for him is a different experience in itself.


In My Life narrates the story of Shirley Templo, played by VilMa Santos, a school librarian who decided to visit his gay son in New York after learning that her daughter would leave her for a greener pasture abroad. Real life son Luis Manzano plays Shirley’s  son, Mark. When Shirley arrived in New York, she picked from the airport by his son’s somestic partner, Noel played by John Lloyd Cruz. Shirley does not like Noel and think that the latter was just an opportunist. By the way, Noel is an illegal immigrant





The movie centers on Shirley and her relationship to her children, it  movie emphasized the value of communication between parents and children. The  character of Noel and Mark was not the highlight of the film, it was not a typical gay movie.  However it can open the minds of the parents on how they can accept there children and respect there sexuality.


I like also some of the lines deliver in the film:


“May mali ba saken? (referring to Shirley looks)” “Marami, buhok mo pang librarian, salamin mo pang guidance, damit mo pang principal, height mo pang estudyante…” 

“Anak mo lang sya, di mo sa pag-aari…” Hindi lang ikaw ang my karapatang mag mahal sa kanya" “Hindi sa yo umiikot ang mundo nya at hindi ito matatapos pag wala ka na…”  

The story and the overall feeling filled up for whatever was lacking. It can open the minds of the parents that has a gay siblings in the family. 

The story from the start was great it was a mix of emotion, however during the part that Mark was killed  cause of "hit and run" bump with a car , the turning point of the emotions was not that great. People would say "sayang pinatay si mark" the twist was very different, you can't predict the ending of the film. Its better for you to experience the movie.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment